CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Raised Floor...pic from wikipedia...

Capriccio asked about the holes in the tile in my post for today. Full view shows the holes at pretty much actual size. The floor is white with grey swirls.

I found this picture on wikipedia showing how the floor is made. Wires for the network and the electrical (we have massive amounts of wire) run under the floor. The air conditioning blows under as well so every few tiles have holes.

We keep a tile puller handy for easy access. The air holes are small enough it's hard to drop anything in them, but the holes that are cut out for the wires to come up through are another story.

4 comments:

Rhiannonsmommy said...

Interesting. I like the lines.

Unknown said...

You know what's funny? I walk on a floor like that just about once a day... complete with the wires and tile pullers hanging on every row. I had no idea what it was!

Today, I went down and checked the floor and indeed thats what it looks like! :)

BoC said...

I love shots like this, where the usually unseen is revealed. I can just see an Alien running past that opening. OK, a small Alien...

Julia said...

Very cool! Thanks for the peep show :D Wow - that makes your original picture even more fascinating now.